Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thankful Tree

Guys the little one is on the move... and usually likes to find her way into small spaces she knows she shouldn't be in.  I am going to have a mommy heart attack, I just know it.  She is a little clumsy, but oh so determined. If there is something she wants she WILL get it by her standards. Lets just say, it's a good thing I am bigger and stronger, and have the ability to distract her;) Playing with cleaner is not negotiable it is just a big NO! But I am oh so thankful for my little munchkin. I just love this little lady so dang much.  My life would not be complete without that little potbelly tummy, and those Rosie red cheeks. Pure love I tell you. What are you thankful for???

I sure do love this time of year, really makes you remember what's most important in life.  If you have a hard time remembering you will love this next project... I call it the Thankful Tree.

Most people put little tree's on there table, counter, or other surfaces. However, with my small living space this really wasn't an option.  Even though I don't have oodles and oodles of surface space,  I do have wall space, and this little creation is perfect for that:)

Hang little home made leaves on the branches to remember what's most important to you.  Another great aspect of this project is it can change with the seasons: hang bats, ghosts, and witches during Halloween, ornaments during Christmas, and eggs around Easter. It's a great project to do with your kiddos. I acquired my branch/twig on a nice fall walk and added a little metallic paint to it just to fancy it up a bit, and the frame was an old thrifted brown one that I painted and glazed.  I used little good old super glue gel to attach the branch to the frame.  Love that stuff and it only took a little bit because the branch was so lite weight. Don't you think it looks fab on the wall too:):):) I love how it turned out.

Guys I am so excited for Thanksgiving week. My sister and her family are coming for an entire week.  Heaven. Seriously, I am so lucky to have such an awesome family that I love to be around, we have such a good time together. Not to sound cocky, be we are pretty fun people to hang with;)  What are your plans for this week? Hmm???
loves
meg

PS just wanted to show you all my latest little up-cycled piece from Silk Plum:
 You like???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you & your sister have a wonderful visit. Family is truly so special :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...