The last two pictures look really small which means you need to click on them to view the fine print. Sorry about that!!! Okay so for making this shirt I did this:
- I measured all of the places in the picture that are marked.
- Then I took my fabric marker and took my measurements to my fabric
- I drew out a tank (the sleeves come later), and marked areas that I wanted to add fabric pieces, pleat, etc.
- Then I remeasured to compensate for taking out and adding in pieces. For this shirt I added: a vertical piece (where I ended up putting all the petals) from neck to three inches above my belly button; added two vertical rectangle pieces on the sides of the shirt; a long vertical triangle to the back; added a triangle piece to the sleeves with a pleat in it, I also pleated out the chest piece.
- Then I cut out the main shirt front and back pieces and all the added pieces.
- I gathered the vertical cut just above the belly button.
- Now it is time to pin everything together and try it on for adjustments.
- Once everything is just the right size, being sewing--be sure to keep trying the shirt on to make sure sizing was still right.
- Add some piping to the neckline (be sure to pre-iron this it will make things look cleaner).
- Instead of buttons or a zipper I did an open cut on the upper back with a cute tie... wanted to try to do something new for this one:).
This is kind of a rough idea of what I do and how I do... the process is kind of here there and everywhere when I am coming up with something new, but this is kind of a general process. Hope it was helpful. Let me know... I promise to be more thorough and show more how to pictures in the future:)