Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Orange you gonna come and see my new skirt?

I had made a late night run to The Wall (Walmart) to pick up juice and diapers for the little one and I decided to run by their on sale fabric and have a quick look see... WELL, I found an orange print/slightly stretch material for a $1.50 a yard and thought it would work perfectly for a new project that was cooking up in my head. So I waited about 15 minutes just to get someone over to cut my material. I guess that's what I get for going late at night. In the end all of the waiting was worth it. I guess you could say this was one of those instances where what I envisioned my project to look like and what it actually turns out looking like match perfectly:)

So here is the break down:
Two straight panels, front side and backside.
Two side panels wider on the top and smaller at the bottom.
Waist line strip.
And that's all folks. Yep only 5 cut out pieces in this skirt. What do you think of my design?

 meg

(disclaimer: I just realized that there is a sting hanging off the skirt in the 2nd picture. My apologies, I hadn't done all my string trimming when this picture was taken.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this skirt. I want to make one too. How did you get the sides to bunch up and not the front?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...