Monday, August 22, 2011

Chair Makeover

This last weekend while the hubby was out hunting I started and finished a fun little project that has been a long... time... coming.  For a while now I have needed a seat for my little piano (I am trying to re-learn something that I let myself unlearn, the piano).  Seriously thought, it was getting bad people. I resulted to using my rocking chair foot ottoman and stacking books and blankets just to get the right height.  So I took a trip to the thrift store and found a really old beat up chair that was in desperate need of a makeover.   I brought it home for 7 buckaroos, cleaned it up, sanded it, painted it and recovered it.  I am still debating on getting a new cushion all together, but for now I think it will do.  Oh yeah.... and of course I forgot to take a before shot, blahhhhh.  It was a brown speckled wood with an orange velvet cover, and cobwebs all over.  Here is what it looks like now:)


What do you think????
meg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...