Friday, May 13, 2011

Vogue Is HERE!!!

Hello all. I am pleased to say that the Vogue project is done and here. I tried to post it yesterday but blogger was having some issues so that wasn't happening. Let's just say that making this DRESS was a learning experience. In total 32 pieces were required for this baby and considering that I can only work on my projects after 3 and only when Bella is either napping or put to bed for the night, one can understand why this one took a little longer. But all in all this was a great challenge. I had to modify the pattern a little; bring in the sides, close up the the neckline a bit, add sleeves, etc. At the end of the day I feel pure victory when I look at this dress. I thrifted the material for 3 or 4 bucks (had about 3 yards of it) and the Vogue pattern was a couple of bucks.  I have a new fabulous dress for $6. Love that!!! Hope you like it:)



Let me know what you think. Oh, and in case you were wondering... Vogue Patterns= Very Difficult!!!

meg

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow! That's a lot of pieces (and dedication!) I'm sure I would have quit. It's looks awesome! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...