Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Rain, Sun, and Graduation

Well today there has been a constant battle in the sky between sunlight and rain, but I don't really mind weather drama, I find it fun and interesting. Any who, today I picked up my graduation packet!!! I was so excited, all of the vender's probably thought I was an overly enthusiastic nerd because I was smiling at everyone and, despite my attempts, failed horribly at controlling my high pitch and throat swelling. I can't believe I am graduating in 4 and a half weeks. It seems like I have been in school forever, yet when I think of putting on my cap and gown in a few short weeks it seems so sudden. None the less, I am ecstatic, and very ready for the next stage of my life!!! I feel kind of bad boasting about graduation, because Ashton graduates in May of 2009 and is very envious, but also excited for me. I think he is officially in the burn out stage of school that only comes, gratefully, when you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel (if it came any sooner I think college drop out rates would skyrocket). We are doing well and love life and each other more than ever.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congratulations on graduating! Very exciting. What are you studying?

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been there to mock you senselessly about the throat swelling, and squeaky voice. But seriously, I am so, so proud of you for graduating! You rock sis.

Emily said...

The cake was actually pretty easy. I baked two cakes in 9x13 pans, cut a little off the top of one (so that it was flat) and then frosted the top of that cake (I learned it really helps if you heat up the frosting first instead of trying to spread it over the cut cake) then I placed the cakes on top of each other. I made a template of an egg on wax paper beforehand and then cut the two cakes at the same time. I frosted them and decorated them by dying the frosting with food coloring. Then to do the more detailed work I put some frosting in sandwich bags cut a very small hole in one of the corners, creating a tip and squeezed the frosting through. I hope the answered all your questions. It was a lot of fun to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...