Friday, March 11, 2011

Sewing without a pattern??? Why not:)

So last night I decided to have a date with my sewing machine. This is what I did... I took an old big white promotional t-shirt and cut it all up to make a fitted frilly shirt. No pattern, just kind of winged it and went with the flow.
Close up of the frill...
Untucked.
Another close up shot.

I also made this shirt with some really old scrap material I had lying around, and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. One of my favorite shirts. I didn't use a pattern or anything for this shirt. I kind of just went for it again and had so much fun doing it. Hope you like it. This is a close up of the design.
A couple untucked shots

And here it is tucked into a pencil skirt.
Even though using a pattern is fun and fabulous, I feel that sometimes it's good to just let the creative juices flow and come up with something, well, different. Why not right? Hope you enjoy it!
Meg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...