Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm a total sell out

So if some of you didn't know yesterday was my birthday, yep the big 24, wow that seems like such a big number to attach to my name. Well a couple of weeks ago Ashton asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him to surprise me, hey, who doesn't like surprises. So anyway, about two weeks ago, Ashton and I were driving in the car and he told me that he knew exactly what he was going to get for me and that I would love it, but wanted to clear it with me first. So he told me he was planning on getting me either a blackberry or a palm phone, I am up for an upgrade so I can get a phone like that without spending buukoo bucks, just half buukoo bucks. I was kind of unsure, I love my calendar, but he assured me that I would absolutely love it so I decided to trust his judgment:) (PS:I am so glad I did) We walked into Best Buy and checked out the new Palm Centro that was only $46.99 with my two year upgrade, the blackberry was still a whopping $145.00 with my two year upgrade, so I decided to stick with the palm centro. Ashton was ready to buy it right then and there, but I decided to wait until my birthday was a little bit closer. So we left the store and headed to wally world to pick up a few things. You could say curiosity got the best of the both of us, we wanted to check what walmart had to offer and if it would be a better deal. Yep, the same exact phone at Walmart was FREE with my two year upgrade. Doesn't that just make you sick. Plus, because it was FREE he got to use the money planned for my phone on other gifts (he took me shopping at the mall). So a couple of days later we came back picked up the phone and some extra gig for it, and I have been on cloud nine with my phone ever since. I never thought I would be one of those people walking around with a really extensive phone that had a tone of cool features, but here I am and I love it. Say it, "sell out," I'll wear the title proudly. Although I don't use all of the features, I do use plenty of them to make it worth it. I am totally hooked, wow my husband really does know me:) Thanks Ashton for the phone, cloths, lunch, and Sushi!!! Tashi, thanks for my cute outfit and tribute; Cori, thanks for the sweet tribute and hilariously cute message; Tarah, thanks for the gift that brought me back to my childhood; mom and dad, thanks for the carrot cake (that I had way too much of) and the gift certificate; Heather, thanks for the cool CD and shoes; Amy and Eddy (my sis in law and her hubby), thanks for the yummy cereal' Mike and Charlotte, thanks for the money and cardigan; and Matty, thanks for the sweet phone call on my b-day. I love you all very much:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday! Rob just turned 24 too and I will be turning 24 in a few weeks and ughhh... for some reason it sounds so much older than 23! Hahaha, when we're 60 though, we'll be wishing we were 24 again. Oh well! I am glad your husband spoiled you because you deserve it!

julie said...

happy birthday to you! and 24 is not old... especially when you look at how much you've accomplished.

Emily said...

Nice phone! That's the one Tyler's most likely looking to get next month.
I'm glad you had such a nice bday!

Marc and Stacy said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Meghan. I had forgotten how close we were in age. I'm still 24- I'll be 25 in October. How fun that you had such a great birthday. I have been thinking of getting a phone like that, but have been afraid I won't use the features and it won't be worth it. Maybe I just need to buckle down and do it. I'm up for an upgrade too.

Chelsie said...

Well happy birthday! Sounds like it was a great one. I did not know that you were from Sacramento. My aunt and uncle actually live in Roseville, but I say Sacramento because no one knows where Roseville is. Are you actually from Sacramento?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...